Tuesday 20 September 2016

PLANNING: OUR TREATMENT

As part of my research into how to devise a treatment, I watched a FutureLearn video presented by Frank Ash.

 For Frank Ash, Creative Consultant who has taught storytelling and creativity techniques to teams across the BBC and beyond, it is important to focus on the audience: what will interest the audience? How will the narrative develop?

I decided to watch FutureLearn on YouTube which showed how Frank Ash would set up a treatment for a film. He said that you need to be interested in what you are creating and make sure that other people will be too. I feel like this information, will help me in creating my own trailer since I will follow these guidelines.

"So, if you’re aiming for your film to reach a large audience online, making sure it has universal appeal will be key"

TOP LINE DEFINITION: Think about your favourite book or film or any ‘good story’ you recently watched online, could you sum up its narrative into ‘one elegant sentence’ to provide its ‘toppling’

BIG QUESTION DEFINITION: What was its big story question, and how important was it to your appreciation of the text?"

1 comment: